Monday, April 09, 2007

Well it is the final week of study. It has been a long time coming. My highschool cross country couch used to say that by the time you got to the state meet all the work had already been done. You don`t need to be worried just execute. If the work was of the right standard you will see the results. I think that I am ready, though I am worried. I thought I was ready the last couple of times that I took this test. The uncertainty of it all make me uneasy. To me it is obvious that I have completed the work. To them they never seem to see it. We will see how things come out with what I publish.

I was doing another question form the 2003 exam this morning. I completed a phone call state machine. It kind of seems ironic that I would be doing this one on the last question before review. I do this in my job so much. I am working with the SMC compiler. It draws the statemachine for me. Not that this is an issue. You really have to know what is going on anyway. To find bugs you have to read one of those diagrams. You always complete a diagram in the beginning before you put the statemachine into code but after that the tool kind of does it for you. So I thought I should do this one anyway. Trivial. Anyway it is done. I started to go for sub statemachines like doing a substate machine for the dialing state. You know accept or reject numbers and length. I decide this was overkill. I left that out. Having written programs like this in my job I hope that they can see that I go way beyond the question and what most people can do with it.

It is 5:30 am in the morning. I am going to swim. I will have to post the results of yesterday afternoon and this morning tomorrow. Yesterday was a good day. I studied before church for 4 hours and left the brunch and got to take a short nap then study for another 3 hours. It was a really good day. It kind of took its toll on my son. My wife had him away from the house and without a nap for to long. It was difficult with screaming and crying to get him to bed. I bet he sleeps long this morning. I hope that I get to see him before work.