Friday, April 06, 2007

Today I went back to do parts of the pessimistic balking strategy over. I remembered that preconditions in ocl are the responsibility of the user of the class and not the class itself. Therefore, It would not be possible to do the check in the precondition. I added methods for the check and pushed the responsibility of checking off onto the user of the buffer class. Then I put a precondition in each method that matched the check method for each method of action on the buffer. That would fulfill the requirements of a balking strategy.

I remembered in the past having trouble finding bounded randomized exponential back-off. I know that is like the access method used by ethernet. I just did not find a reference to this method in the reading list. I am always cautious when I have to go outside of the reading list for a definition. This puts you at risk of an opinionated grader and if they think your answer is full enough. If you have a complete quote from the reading I think that it is more difficult to be at odds with the answer. You were told that these books would provide the answers to the questions. I have found that the actual situation this is not the case. Thinking for yourself is not a defensible position. Avoid it if you can.

It is good Friday. The day that Christ went to the cross. He healed the sick on the Sabbath, I will study on Saturday also. I think that I am supposed to be doing this thing.

I have 2 more parts of the current question to finish. I will try and finish them tomorrow, Saturday. Then I want to do the RUP question on the 2003 exam and the OO design question that follows. These 2 have not been seen on tests since 2003. So hopefully I won`t see them. But, I will be prepared for them if I do.