Sunday, April 01, 2007

The daylight savings time has really gotten the best of us. Today was the day that was in the past the day that time changed. Our atomic clocks changed. Hmmm..thought they were getting time from a radio signal. They didn`t work when we change when we were going to do the time change. Now they have changed when we used to do the time change. Just another exercise in futility. A clock that changes its time automatically. Hmmm.

I uploaded the answer to the September 2004 Lifecycle process question. I can see how this question can have a large amount of subjectivity to it. They questions are ask in a way that could promote writing subjectively. The wide rang of commentary on the subjects also means that there are differing opinions on many of the questions in reading that you might do in books or on the web. I chose a strategy of staying to the quotes for answer the questions on my website. The problem with this is being able to answer questions on the test using quotes. I know that this is an objective stated in the test but I with my learning disability don`t link memories with author names. I have to do some sort of association or repetition to remember the names. In this instance just the act of looking up and retyping the name over and over in the reference section has made remembering the names easier. I reference the same name several times in most cases This was a chore on previous test that was riddled with error. I never got the names right. I avoided putting names on the test. This was to my detriment. The problem is when you quote and opinion of an author and cannot remember the name the opinion becomes your own. Opinions are never a good thing on questions where there is some amount of subjectivity. The opinion position is not defensible no mater how smart you are or can think for yourself. Even if all the opinions you find by other authors are wrong in your eyes just put down the reference. Name dropping brings credibility to an opinion answer if the opinions are those of a respected author even if he is wrong.

This was the last major flavor of question on the test. I am going to go ahead and answer two more questions from the 2004 test because they are different than other years. I am not sure why they were removed or not used on later exams but I plan on giving them a go anyway. Maybe they were to difficult for the...regular students.

Well 2 weeks to go. 2 more questions. I can get them done in the next 5 days. Leaves me 5 days to review. I can just print my pages on the site and review from them. As I have said before, the body of knowledge is vast. If you want someone to fail you could engineer that failure. I hope that we don`t have questions that I have not seen before. Mentally that will blow it for me. Even if I know the information I will not have done the organization hours to answer it effectively. We will see. If they intend to fail me on purpose, they can. We will see what they do.

Study group this morning. Not sure if I really need to go. I haven`t gotten much out of it. I hope that I have helped them.