Sunday, February 25, 2007

I finished the first of the sequence diagrams for the first use case in the OO analysis question on the City of Plaistow. It was pretty straight forward I ended up adjusting my class diagram and my domain diagram a bit. I had made a mistake in the domain model. The mistake was in the ambulance class where I added some methods that really should have been in the hospital class. I also made changes to the class diagram to flesh out the victim. I added getters and setters for all of the vital information needed about the victim and fixed some consistency problems with the incident class that was to be a part of the victim. It took me the entire morning to get the sequence diagram done. These diagrams are essential in showing interaction diagrams in OO analysis. Pretty big question if you ask me. I have to figure out how to make this work on the exam in the time I have alloted. Well anyway, I intend to finish them because it is good practice in UML. I looked at what the other guys in the study group have done and they have drawn diagrams that are simpler like my answers on previous tests. I have thought about how I can approach the idea of telling them that what they have is not enough on the test but have failed in a strategy. It seems that this is a hard one to learn. I am not even sure that I know the answer to it. Will wait to see what they say today. Maybe I can get a better strategy after talking with them this morning.

In a few days it will be March. I will have to get my application in for the test. I have yet to cover all the topics. This is a bit scary for me. I have covered in depth but will have to go back for a refresher on most of them. I love the PhD and the Test.

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love thee to the depth and breadth and height My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight For the ends of Being and ideal Grace. I love thee to the level of everyday`s Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light. I love thee freely, as men strive for Right; I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise. I love thee with a passion put to use In my old griefs, and with my childhood`s faith. I love thee with a love I seemed to lose With my lost saints, --- I love thee with the breath, Smiles, tears, of all my life! --- and, if God choose, I shall but love thee better after death. -- Elisabeth Barrett Browning