Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Bad weather. Took an hour to get home from work last night. My son didn`t want to go to bed. He didn`t have enough face time with his daddy. By the time I got home there was about 7 inches blown/drifted snow onto the driveway. I drove in as far as I could. Got up this morning early to study and decided I needed to shovel. I got the shoveling done but it was past time to leave for my workout. I swim MWF. I then decided that it would be better to study than risk an injury to my back from shoveling by going to swim. Studying is more important anyway. I got more than an hour in this morning..far short from my normal study time. I did get to look at one more study exam question part on OCL. This was the last one 4biii from 2005. I am on the right track for the answer but it will take a bit longer to get this one on paper. Life just gets in the way. Why did it have to snow? If all these kind of thoughts were prayers then there would be no reason why we have a situation with global worming. :)

Sometimes I just don`t understand how a person can possibly organize the PhD study in such a way that a test could not be engineered to fail students. All the current ins and outs of OCL make it possible for me even to give impossibly unverifiable answers to the members of the study group. How could you possible be able to do this stuff by reading some other persons notes? I am coming to the conclusion that the way a study group helps is that you get a point of view. What you do with that point of view and if it helps you or not, depends on if you do the work. You still have to do all the work yourself. You just see other angles in how people organize the study and maybe better ways to obtain the information. But, unless you do the work anyone that has knowledge of some little part that you didn`t look at could create a question that you would`t be able to do.