Thursday, October 12, 2006

On the 10th of October the DePaul PLuS program director sent an email to my adviser telling of my visit on September 12th and how we discussed getting access and review of my test. He mentioned to him that it was his idea for review and that he would expect that my adviser should follow through on October 20th during our meeting that day with the review. It looks like it will take more than a month to get the ball rolling. Considering how long it has taken since my test I believe that the time frame required for the PhD program must be irrelevant in my case. I am not really worried about the length of time as long as I will not be disqualified and ask to leave because of and extended time frame. From past experience I would expect that reviewing my test will be just another set of roadblocks. It remains to be seen. I continue to review. Yesterday I made some break through in the Lucent lab with my work. It seems to have put pressure on our competitors. We have some ideas that this happening from some negative emails we received on the same day. My work takes me into areas where there are only a few other companies in the world that have access or even have early intentions. We get to work with the bleeding edge wireless gear and handsets. Our research and development is exactly what I would have wanted to do with a PhD. I am already there. I really want to finish my PhD but if I don't I have already achieved even more than some of my professors. I just wish I could be treated better by them. I wish I didn't have to resort to working through the PLuS program and twisting arms to get better tests. It should be built into the test to not discriminate. Essays can be so subjective. Just a quick note. I was so excited to see that GOOGLE picked up my blog on Tuesday, October 10th. It is now searchable.