Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I am preparing to visit my adviser this Friday to review my past exams. He doesn't seem like he wants this to happen. The PLuS program director tried to contact my adviser to see if he had any questions or wanted someone from PLuS to sit in on the meeting. My adviser did not reply. Also in looking back over my emails again to make sure I had not missed any action items for this Friday's meeting I noticed that the PLuS program director had said at one point whom had said that the usual route for reviewing the tests would be used and I had no other alternative. Today I ask him for that persons name. In parallel I continue the monumental task of learning things for the test that were never taught in the classroom. Because of the variability of this endeavor it seems impossible to cover all that could be ask. I do have some clues in the study guide but for the Software engineering test it is nothing but a long reading list of books. It has not been effective to just read every book. I have done that for the last couple of tests. I have other clues like some of the past tests but I feel that the granularity of the large data points makes knowing everything impossible. So I do my best to be well rounded at as deep a level as I can. Since it has not been effective in the past unless the test changes I have low hopes. But I wont' quit. They will have to make me quit.