Saturday, March 24, 2007

I have been working on putting the OCL question from 2006 up. I am finding that I have made some syntax mistakes in my early diagrams. These mistakes would be trivial but on the test I want to be above reproach. So I am going back and doing them again. This always creates a problem. I don`t ever remember which diagram is the correct one when spitting them out on the test. Was it the redone diagram or the diagram in the beginning. I think the problem is that the timeline is not attached to the memory or something like that. Anyway, I am redoing the diagrams and OCL expressions again.

Traveling to my mother-in-law`s house for the weekend. Got to take care of this family time. I am kind of upset but I am going to make the best of it. Study will be a wash. This close to the test I feel is not the time to be doing this. A business trip would have been better. At least I would not be disturbed during a study session. The least little distraction messes up anything that would have come out of it. Study while everyone else in the house is asleep is the only way. But, that means I sleep when they are awake. That is not a good situation when you are visiting someone. Effective transition of information on a page to main memory is not easily done in a car, in a foreign environment such as my mother-in-law`s house, or in a hotel. Tools are important and transporting them is just an additional hassle. The social aspects of getting through the techniques I need to do really diminish the capacity of the results.

Saw that Bill Gates will be getting his Harvard degree in the near future. He dropped out form Microsoft but is speaking at commencement so he gets an honorary degree. He has got to get some satisfaction out of this situation. I am not sure that I like that kind of satisfaction. It is sort of the revenge thing. I get satisfaction out of hard work. I have talked about in the past how peer review is not necessarily a good standard to be held. If you don`t help someone...love someone with results, then what good is it. Glorify God first. I suppose that Bill does not need any recognition to know what he has done with his life. I applaud him for his new philanthropy. His business practices have been less than worthy of my respect. Harvard probably does not see this as anything other than filling a spot with a big name. So what ever he says at commencement will be just words. You have to respect someone to hear a message. A man is not a profit in his own country. I am sure that the audience depending on there point of view may see things differently. Business graduates may see him differently than say PhD computer science graduates. I wonder. Anyway, Bill, keep up the good work with giving the money away. Make it right.