Monday, March 19, 2007

I finished the CAD question. I have gone back to go over my notes and revisit the testing question from April `06. This is a question that has been on many past exams. I never actually finished looking at this question. I think the reason was that I was unable to find the papers needed to review the material and found problems in looking up things like "Equivalence Term Testing". See my previous blogs for what actually happened. I received the papers that I ordered from the DePaul Library some time ago. They are postmarked Jan 19th. It took months to get them. I now have the original paper "A Complexity Measure by Tomas J. McCabe." I can now review his examples to make sure that my second hand knowledge is correct. The other paper I got was "Hints on Test Data Selection: Help for the Practicing Programmer by Richard A. DeMillo, Richard J. Lipton and Federick G. Sayward" I don`t remember exactly why I got the second paper. It may be that I kept running across references to it.

So now I have started to review my notes. I have started to distill them down. It is always a risk because to distill notes means that there will in the end be less volume on the test but the content will be more precise and memorable. Testers don`t seem to like terse answers. So it`s a risk. I have adopted a new strategy for review. I am putting my notes into an HTML page. I plan on putting the page up before my test so that I will have something to show for my work if I have trouble with organization on the test. Maybe the testers will give me the benefit of the doubt if they see a web page with the work I did to study for the test. My endless composition notebooks with handwritten notes are never seen by others. The reason I distill notes is so that I don`t physically relive the frustration of searching for things like "Equivalent Term Testing." Don`t have a question if the answer cannot be found. History is dead if no one remembers it. Studying should not be archeology.