Monday, March 05, 2007

Had my study group meeting yesterday. We ended up going over OCL again and it took kind of longer than I expected. We reviewed the questions again. One of the other guys was sick. They believe that they are pretty much done and are ready to start a review. I think there are still things left to go over. Anyway I turned my attention to the architecture and design questions. I am still not comfortable about the formal specifications question on the April 2005 test but I expect to go back and review it again this week. But, in moving forward to new material and looking at the architecture questions I am troubled by the lack of indifference in the way the questions are worded in comparison of the works architecture and design. I have never seen them as the same. The questions seem to ask the questions in that manner. The question asks: "As a designer of this system explain how could you evaluate the ability of our design to meet the response time requirements prior to its implementation?" I think that you have to venture into architecture to answer this one but it seems as if that is not the words the test writer chose to use in the question. They chose the words design. The book on the reading list has quite a section on this. The authors talk about how architecture is not design but some parts are? I will elaborate later as I go through this section. Looks like they are looking for justification. I think that this is another question that I am going to have trouble with and have to "can" an answer.

Tried to get into getting some free web space to post my answers to the test exam questions. I have yet to get this setup.