Sunday, January 28, 2007

I had my first study group meeting today. Two others joined me in talking over the section I just went through. Concurrency. I did get one piece of information out of it. The four pre-conditions to deadlock. I need to return back and look at these.

One of the guys today is not technical. I think that I scared him pretty good. I was talking about this section and he hung back and did not interject. I think that he is in trouble. We will see how he does.

The other guy was a bit sure of himself. I put out the information and this guy attached it. He offered up some argument but did not have much to add.

I thought that it was a good session. I don`t think that I learned much new information. I did get one piece to review. I am off this week and will try to get more time with it. I plan to study the rest of the week. I got up this morning at regular time 4:30 am to study. Glad I did. My son woke up this morning at 5:30am sick. He doesn`t feel well. My wife has it too. Didn`t get much done after that. I hope that this is not reflective of the week. I will continue to get up at regular time and try to get through more material early in the morning. Just a defensive thing in case the work throughout the day is not productive.

Still unsure about this studying with these other guys. They seem to be farther back than I.