Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Not much has happend in recent weeks. I continue to study as much as I can. The possibility of a ZED question is still very real. It is such a large language. I will find it difficult to be successful with ZED. I have to spend more time on it but it will take away from other things I need to study. It may be better if I can just choose that question to skip. ...5 questions choose 4 on the test. I now have the dates. Exam Application Due Date is Friday, March 16, 2007. Examination Date is Friday, April 13, 2007 at 10:00 AM. I plan on taking vacation from work for preparation. The PLuS program director has been notified of the dates. He will be making requests about the exam and how it will be administered in the future closer to the exam dates. I believe he will be asking for a reader, no time limit, and a private exam room. All of which I think will help me succeed. I still believe that the ZED question should be thrown out but am not sure how to get that accomplished. I have requested it from the PLuS program director. ZED has never been taught in any depth at DePaul. I have either audited or taken the formal methods class a couple of times and ZED is only mentioned as a formal method. I think that it is not right that you have to know ZED in depth for a PhD exam at a school that does not think highly enough of ZED to teach it that way. Whether or not it is a specialty of you adviser should be no concern.