Thursday, November 02, 2006

In my study I am starting to find more evidence that I did pass that last test reviewed with my adviser. The first question had to do with design patterns and UML. I remember that during the test I thought that I had seen the answer before. Not the exact answer but something very similar. So I used the exact same patterns and diagrams. The answer comes from the book "Applying UML and Patterns by Craig Larman." In that book on page 346 is where I took the data for my answer. It starts out with the Factory pattern and the book goes on and talks about how it may or may not be a concrete factory. It goes on to say that it returns an adapter. The adapter is an interface where you return the real type cast to the type of the adapter so that the object can be handled polymorphicaly. Later it talks about implementing the Factor as a singleton because you only need one of them. ...3 patterns portrayed to fulfill the requirements of the question. I believe that I used the exact same patterns and drew a very similar diagram. The answer is on page 346-348 of the book. I will have it perfect next time. It will not be a soft memory that I try to mimic but a hard one that I study just for this kind of question.