Tuesday, November 28, 2006

It has been a bad couple of weeks. I have been to 2 funerals. My other relatives had a couple of more. It has been a rough Thanksgiving. Things are better now. I have a short week this week also. I will take a couple of days off and try to get a class to teach this winter to fund holiday expenses. I am learning in my studies of UML that it may have been difficult for the graders to understand my UML diagrams. From an inheritance and interface point of view I did not label some of my classes with stereotypes. This may have lead to some confusion on the part of the grader and it may have made my class diagrams look un-intelligible. At any rate the language for implementation may take a toll on UML. I may have to make adjustments to my design on the test because one or more of the graders may think in an implementation language that taints the interpretation of the diagram. If one thinks in C++ and the other thinks in Java a view of "realization" may be different. I have to be careful.