Monday, September 11, 2006

Today I hadn't heard back from the director of the DePaul PLuS program about our first visit. Since it had been a couple of working days and a weekend since I had responded to his message I called him. He seemed a bit like he had not reviewed the times I selected. We talked a bit about the times and he said that tomorrow or Wednesday would be fine. So we plan to meet tomorrow. I am a bit apprehensive about this arrangement but what choice do I have. I don't feel like I have had good results from working through programs like this. It is because my personal results depend on day to day factors. Working on rigid time frames hasn't been very productive because of the hit or miss nature of getting program help on a fixed time frame. I also seem to always have better techniques of learning. It is a white box advantage over a black box thing. Today I spent some time looking at more zed. I am re-reading a number of chapters to prepare for the test. I wanted to be prepared with my objections to the testing situation but decided to wait and see what the director has to say.