Friday, September 15, 2006

Haven't heard anything from DePaul as of yet on how this is going to play out. Been working on zed more to get fuzz fully working. Some of the sample tests failed so I tried to investigate. It seems I have more problems than I thought. It isn't really working. I have installed Latex2e and the style is for Latex2.09. Went looking on the web for the correct style. Found something after looking for several hours. I have yet to figure out how to load it. Seems pretty stupid to be working so hard to get something working pre-1998. None of this stuff seems more current than 1998 and most is before 1994. I found a new java editor but haven't found a way to get fuzz to work with it. I really need to be able to validate my specifications otherwise learning will go undone. Very frustrating. This is not the kind of learning that is spelled out. First you think you have something but then you find out that it is wrong or not really working. If someone is not learning your not teaching...said to DePaul University. Where is the path for proficiency? When I went through this the first time I had to go to the used book section on Amazon and get a book from a guy in Canada. He was surprised that I wanted his zed books. It shouldn't be this hard to get proficiency in something your going to be tested on.